Alright you married restaurant significant others!
You made it to the next step of your evolution, which means, you either found out what works for you within the parameters of your relationship, are still trying to figure it out, or you’re really good at hiding the fact that you still have NO clue why you are where you are!
Let me start off by saying… No matter WHERE you are, you are strong ENOUGH to be able to maneuver into the world of being MARRIED to someone in this very demanding, sometimes dog eat dog industry! You really should give yourself a round of applause.
(we’ll wait here while you do that.)
No really, What does that say about you? (Answer: that you have what it takes!)
If I was to guess, you’ve picked up enough tools, realized how this relationship BENEFITS you, and have begun finding opportunities where others might see lack! (Even if it looks like you’re just doing what you gotta do.)
- Learning to embrace the times when he or she is working as a time to further your OWN dreams and ambitions.
- Understanding how the independence that comes with being married to someone in this industry can SERVE you! or.. Maybe you don’t.
That’s alright, either way. I’m here at this step of your evolution to say that it’s alright that new challenges and frustrations ‘come up’. That didn’t rear their ugly head while you were dating. It’s only common that a new chapter in life, bring about new situations.
The honeymoon is over baby!
Back to the same ‘ol same ‘ol… but wait. Something is different. You realize this is IT. You have signed up for this “as long as you both shall live”. Hmm.. What might that bring up for you?
- Maybe the holidays are a smidge more challenging now that you really want to be with your husband/wife.
- Maybe there is a greater yearning to find time to be with your hubby…Your wife.
- Maybe his/her career has taken off and you find yourself wanting to support your spouse, but conflicted about what that means for you and the future success of your marriage. (another opportunity to step into the unknown, perhaps?)
Let’s face it, it’s different now, you’re at a different place. You’ve said your vows. You want to continue diving into who you both are, as individuals, as a married couple.
I mean, I’m sure the topic has come up. Babies? Restaurant Ownership? What does that mean for both of you? How will this change what we’ve already accomplished?
SO much to think about!
TOOLS FOR SUCCESS
Again, I want to stress that this is ultimately about being Okay with where you are. knowing that you’re at the next rung on the ladder. Recognizing and celebrating it; giving yourself PERMISSION to take it to the next level!
and damn it – if you could do this before, you definitely have what it takes to do it again! But this time…What if you
1. KNEW you weren’t alone and 2. went into this new chapter understanding and implementing new ways of thinking!
How far can you really take this? To make your marriage the MOST successful around! How will that change within your marriage and also.. (wait for it…) perhaps in EVERY other area of your life??
HMM, WHO’D A THUNK IT?
(yea I know…)
Let’s stay connected… Tell us:
- What tricks of the trade have you found to create balance in your marriage?
- What things do we all have in common?
What are the usual suspects for getting stuck in our relationship?
So to remind you…
- you already DO have what it takes to thrive in your relationship! I mean look at’acha!
- you know that you’re in uncharted territory. (that’s why you’re HERE!)
- that you’ve conquered this beast before.. you trust you will arrive to thrive when you implement new tools for success.
STAY TUNED FOR PROGRAMS, AND OPPORTUNITIES TO LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW TO DEVELOP THESE TOOLS.
What are they? You ask.
Good Question! (You’re so smart.)
- Self Care (What does that mean exactly?)
- Identity (And no, we don’t mean your drivers license) Who are you really?
- Play (yes, this is an important tool for success!)
- Focusing on YOUR dreams (not the ones you have a nite, silly! )
- Creating a vision for the future (babies? entrepreneurship? financial goals?) You name it!
And a continuing focus on HOW to give yourself permission to take chances, and really LIVE an inspired life!
I know you can do it, Do you?
*Okay you married restaurant couples.. maybe you’re ready to take it to the next level and start a family. Officially are you “trying” or TTC (trying to conceive) – if so, check out an article with great references from fellow Significant Other and Registered Doula called Conception on a Budget