before you dive in, read here.
I’ve been trying to avoid this post, but it seems I can no longer ‘look away’. It has become GLARINGLY obvious that something needs to be said and any amount of trying to be positive isn’t going to make it better.
I want relief. I KNOW you want relief, so here we go. I’m going to attempt to make this short and sweet, so you can hopefully feel better, faster.
It’s time. We can not ignore this any longer.
YOU ARE NOT CRAZY.
- You’re NOT crazy for thinking he or she is selfish sometimes.
- You’re NOT crazy for thinking their priorities are out of whack.
- You are NOT crazy for the moments you think that the restaurant is more important than you and your family.
- You are NOT crazy for the moments you think they need to grow up.
- You are NOT crazy when you feel sad and angry that you’re the only one who seems interested in what comes next in your lives.
- You are NOT crazy in those moments when you are considering why you got yourself into this type of relationship in the first place.
- You are NOT crazy when you are pissed off because it seems you are the only one concerned about your children.
- You are NOT crazy when they leave the house a MESS, like they don’t even see it there, day after day.
- You are NOT crazy to wonder if they think of anything but themselves.
- You’re NOT crazy if you think the ONLY reason why they’re still with you is so you can take care of them.
- You are NOT crazy when you have to remind them OVER AND OVER AGAIN to do one thing.
- You’re NOT crazy if you think their friends might not be the best influences.
- You are NOT crazy when you’re infuriated that they, YET AGAIN, didn’t tell you when they were getting off, and you wake up panicking about where they are in the middle of the night. *and then come to find out that they just “had their phone off”.
- You are NOT crazy when you feel crazy that you are the only one upset.
- You are NOT crazy when you are attempting to save money for the future, and they think if they see it there, they can spend it.
- You are NOT crazy that their family thinks their The Golden Child, which makes you feel even more crazy that you do experience what you do. Talk about second guessing yourself.
- You are NOT crazy when all you want is a day alone, with your other half.
- You are NOT crazy when you feel SO SAD that you are alone/ not with your other half on a holiday or your birthday. When you see your friends out celebrating with their love, and you’re not.
- You are NOT crazy for thinking you are not sure you can deal with this the rest of your life.
- You are NOT crazy for being uncomfortable with how often they go out for a drink after service.
- You are NOT crazy when you have your weekly plans set, and because they haven’t told you when they’re working (open/mid/close), and are suddenly available, they want you to drop your plans to spend time with them.
- You are NOT crazy when you think that their co-worker is strangely “too close for comfort” to your other half.
- You are NOT crazy for getting frustrated when people tell you “How Cool” it is that you’re married to a chef. You want to yell at them and say “NO! It’s NOT what you think!”
- You are NOT crazy for never quite knowing when you can plan your vacation but when THEY want to do something, they always make it happen.
- You are NOT crazy that they do something SO nice one day that it makes you doubt your initial feeling crazy, and then, a few days later, it returns back to their regularly scheduled routine and you then doubt yourself that you doubted yourself initially.
- You’re NOT crazy when your restaurant man/woman reads this and suggests you stop reading these posts.
- (This one is for me) You’re NOT crazy that the industry does NOT want anyone on the outside to know just how hard it is to be married into the industry, that sharing that might somehow jeopardize the glamorous image that it’s worked SO hard to keep up. You’re NOT crazy for getting serious resistance from those who work night and day to keep the dream alive.
You hear me… YOU ARE NOT CRAZY.
Go ahead and give yourself PERMISSION to not feel crazy. You’re NOT.
Whenever you need a reminder, come to THIS post.
Really… let hearing that you are NOT crazy SINK into your bones.
Give yourself a BREAK today. Okay?
And when you’re READY, REALLY ready…
READ PART TWO.
TELL US IN THE COMMENTS – What else are you NOT CRAZY for/about?